One of the most important natural “accessories” we have, is our hair and keeping it in the best condition possible is not that difficult. SILKY, SHINY, SMOOTH! That’s how our hair should look like. Here are 6 tips to help you achieve that.
1. Eat healthy! Row vegetables, fruits and Omega3 based foods like fish and see food will make wonders to your hair in time. Hair is made of keratin, which is a form of protein so make sure your body gets the daily percentage of protein.
2. Banish “build up” from the hair once a week! Every time we use styling products or shampoos for different hair types, we build a thin layer of ” build up” on each strength of hair. Use a clarifying shampoo once a week! The clarifying shampoo has usually a clear color.
3. Use conditioner every time you wash your hair. Conditioner closes the hair-cuticles and hydrates. Concentrate more on the tips of the hair and less on the roots. The hair shouldn’t be washed more then 3 times a week. It might sound yuky, but in order for the hair to grow healthy , he needs it’s natural hydration. It comes from the oils that the scalp releases .
4. Once a week use a hydrating hair mask! This is a very important “detail” that a lot of women neglect. While the conditioner hydrates and detangles, the hair mask nourishes the hair more detailed. Use it on the length of your hair, try to avoid the roots. Keep it 3-5 min on the hair, then rinse. Your hair will feel different from the first use already.
5. Thermal protection is one of the most important aspects of the hair routine. Before using the blow dryer, flatiron , curling iron, use a thermal protection product. It will add a build up on your hair to protect it from the heat which causes quick damage to the hair.
6. Don’t be afraid of the scissor! Trim your hair every 3 months. As more often you cut a little bit of your ends, as healthier and faster your hair will grow.